“Programming has become very popular in the last few years, and even now, we are seeing more and more programmers working in tech industries. While programming is very fun, you’ll need to find a laptop that is designed specifically to fulfill your needs. Having the right laptop will speed up your tasks, increase your efficiency, and overall improve your productivity. We’ve put together a comprehensive guide showing you how to find the best laptop for programming. Whether you are a beginner or a veteran, the information we provide will surely benefit you.”
- 1 How To Choose The Best Laptop For Programming?
- 2 Best Laptop For Programming: Optimal Choices
- 3 Best Laptop For Programming Reviews In 2019
- 4 Our Final Conclusion
How To Choose The Best Laptop For Programming?
There are a lot of things that programmers usually look for when they’re trying to find the best laptop for programmers. The only things that are important for programmer laptops is the hardware. Below is a list of things that you should look out for:
OsX or Windows
There is a lot of debate among programmers which operating system is better: Either the Mac OsX or Windows. While this is a hotly debated topic, neither side is wrong. However, due to Apple’s presence in the tech industry, Macs are usually favored over Windows. It’s described as faster, easier, and more programmer friendly.
Best Option For You: Go for the OsX if you want something more programmer friendly. Windows is not a wrong choice either.
Having a powerful processor is going to be very important when you’re going through many programmer tasks. A powerful processor eliminates lag and makes sure everything functions quickly. This will help you save time and improve your productivity. We recommend picking a laptop that’s either an i5 or i7.
Best Option For You: Pick something that’s either an i5 or i7 processor. We do not recommend using an i3.
RAM is important because the more RAM you have, the more programs you can have open at once, which has an effect on your productivity. For finding the best laptop for programming, go for a laptop that has anywhere between 8 – 16 GB.
Best Option For You: Go for any laptop that comes with 8 – 16 GB. The more the better.
Hard Drive (HDD or SSD)
Once you use an SSD, you’ll never go back to the old HDD hard drives. SSDs are a major improvement in both storage space and speed. Pick a high quality SSD with lots of storage, with a minimum of 256 GB of storage space.
Best Option For You: Aim for 256 GB of storage space on an SSD.
As a programmer, you’ll be better off with a faster computer than a good graphics card. The graphics card only comes in handy if you want to play video games or watch HD video. Any graphics card that comes with your laptop will be fine.
Best Option For You: Any graphics card is acceptable.
Battery life is one of the most important things to look for when trying to buy the best laptop for programming. A long battery life means you won’t have to charge it often. Programmers are commonly moving around a lot so you need a laptop that will not die very quickly. Look for laptops that come with at least 5 hours of battery life.
Best Option For You: Laptops that come with a battery life of 5 or more hours.
Programmers are famous for being on their computers all the time so in order to make sure your eye health doesn’t go bad, you’ll need to find a laptop with a screen size that is comfortable. The best screen size for any programmer is about 15.6”. Any smaller and you’re looking at extremely small text, and any larger, you risk the laptop being heavy.
Best Option For You: Any 15.6” screen size is perfect.
Best Laptop For Programming: Optimal Choices
There are a lot of options in the market so finding the best laptop for programmers can be difficult. Below is a great list of choices for any programmer.
There’s a reason why Apple is considered the king of all programmer laptops. The Apple 15” Macbook Pro comes with their newest Touch Bar with one of the most powerful processors in the market. Stunning, powerful, and innovative—you will not regret the newest Macbook Pro.
The HP Pavilion Power 15-inch Laptop is great for anyone looking for the best value. It comes with a powerful i7-7700HQ processor that has similar performance to desktop computers and comes packed with about 1 TB of hard drive space.
Affordable And Lightweight Laptop: ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH54 13.3-inch LCD Ultra-Slim Laptop (Core i5 Processor, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Windows 10) w/ Harman Kardon Audio, Backlit keyboard, Fingerprint Reader
If you need to move around a lot and want something powerful, lightweight, and sexy, the ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH54 13.3-inch LCD Ultra-Slim Laptop is the perfect choice. With the i5-7200U 2.5 GHz processor at only 2.6 pounds, the Asus ZenBook is a great traveling companion.
Powerful Touch Screen Display Laptop: ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH54 13.3-inch LCD Ultra-Slim Laptop (Core i5 Processor, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Windows 10) w/ Harman Kardon Audio, Backlit keyboard, Fingerprint Reader
The Dell XPS9350-5340SLV 13.3 Inch QHD+ Touchscreen Laptop is powerful and versatile. It comes with an i7-6500U processor with 256 of SSD storage with a beautiful 13.3 inch QHD+ screen. This laptop is great for anyone that’s looking for something different.
Affordable and powerful don’t even begin to describe how great the Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG 15.6-Inch Full HD Laptop is. It’s built for convenience and survivability. It comes with up to 12 hours of long battery life so you’ll rest easy knowing your laptop won’t die out on you.
Best Laptop For Programming Reviews In 2019
The Macbook Pro has been a dominant force for programmers. Considered to be the best laptop for programming, its high price tag comes with the best laptop features in the market today.
Powerful Processor: The Apple Macbook Pro comes with an i7 2.9 GHz processor installed that allows Turbo Boosting up to 3.9 GHz. This beast rivals some of the highest performing desktop computers all in the form of a laptop. This is mobile performance at its finest.
Gamer’s Graphics Card: The Radeon Pro 560 4 GB is one of the best high-performing graphics card to ever be in a laptop. The Apple Macbook Pro gives you flexibility in everything you do. Whether you want to code, play high-end games, or even stream the highest quality movies, you can rest assured that you will have no issues.
Touch Bar: The Touch Bar is one of the most exciting pieces of technology that Apple has introduced. It replaces the function keys at the top of the keyboard but also comes with user customization that allows you to customize the bar to your liking. Whether you want a shortcut to your calculator or a button to press to answer incoming calls, this feature is unique to only Apple.
- Processor: 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
- RAM: 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- Storage: 512GB SSD storage
- Radeon Pro 560 with 4GB memory
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Powerful desktop performance in laptop form
- Touch Bar
- Stunning design
- Long-lasting laptop
- Very expensive
- Touchpad is not as great as older models
- Keyboard does not have a good feel
Many people consider the HP Pavilion Power 15-inch Laptop to be the best laptop for programmers looking for the best value. It comes with a lot powerful hardware at a fraction of the price. Below is a summary of its most important features.
Solid Desktop Performance: The HP Pavilion Power 15-inch Laptop comes with an i7-7700HQ Quad-Core processor, giving it the ability to be turbo boosted up to 3.8 GHz, making this a powerhouse for any programmer.
Desktop Graphic Performance: With an AMD Radeon RX 550 2 GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics card, you’ll be able to stream your favorite movies while playing the most graphic intensive games. Whether you’re programming or looking for entertainment, the HP Pavilion Power 15-inch Laptop has got you covered.
Great Multitasking: With 12 GB of DDR4 SDRAM, multitask like never before. You’ll be able to have more programs open and have them run faster with the high quality DDR4 memory.
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Processor, Quad-Core, 2.8GHz up to 3.8GHz; Powerful performance keeps up with your multitasking demands and enables new ways to interact with your PC.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 550 with 2 GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics and 8134 MB total graphics memory; Experience the power of discrete graphics, featuring Polaris architecture and DirectX 12 performance.
- Display: 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD (1920×1080) IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit; Enjoy vibrant, crystal-clear images with 178-degree wide-viewing angles.
- Memory: 12GB DDR4 SDRAM; Designed to run more efficiently and more reliably at faster speeds.
- Hard drive: 1TB 7200RPM Serial ATA; Store videos, songs and photos on your PC for easy access.
- More productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done.
- Battery life: Up to 10 hours and 30 minutes (mixed usage), up to 9 hours (video playback); Keep going without worrying about recharging.
- Great for programming and graphics-intensive tasks
- Lots of storage space
- Outstanding battery life of up to 9 hours
- Lightweight for portability
- Contains lots of bloatware
- Audio quality isn’t as great
- Battery charge takes a long time
The ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH54 is both affordable and lightweight, all in one. It comes with a fingerprint reader and Harman Kardon Audio. For those that are traveling often, this is a solid laptop.
Ultra Slim: The ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH54 measures at 8.7 x 12.7 x 0.5 inches, making this one of the most slim laptop computers in the market. When you’re looking for convenience and portability, the ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH54 is a great choice.
Long Battery Life: Programmers are always concerned about battery life, and with a battery life of up to 12 hours, you can be sure that your laptop won’t be dying anytime soon. Whether you’re working at home or constantly traveling, your laptop will be alive when you boot it up.
Outstanding Keyboard: The ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH54 was designed for comfort and for the programmer in mind. The ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH54 was re-engineered for the highest level of comfort so you’ll be able to type for hours without any issues.
- Screen Monitor: 13.3-Inch wide-view Full-HD Display with Windows 10 Pre-installed
- Processor: Latest 7th generation Intel i5-7200U 2.5 GHz Processor (Turbo to 3.1 GHz)
- RAM: Fast 256GB SSD with 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Connections: Extensive connectivity with HDMI/D-SUB/USB Type C, 802.11a/c WiFi, and SD Card Reader
- Design: Sleek and light weight 2.6 lbs aluminum body for comfortable portability
- Special Features: Built-in fingerprint reader with one-touch login via Windows Hello feature
- Very lightweight and compact
- Highly affordable
- Built for ergonomic comfort and convenience
- Amazing battery life
- Known battery issues
- Minor Wi-Fi connectivity issues
- Trackpad performance is poor
The Dell XPS9350-5340SLV is one of the most powerful touch screen display laptops in the market. Equipped with a powerful processor with a Quad HD+ display screen, the Dell XPS9350-5340SLV is great for presentations and team projects.
Crisp And Tough Display Screen: The 13.3 inch QHD+ display screen is made from Gorilla Glass, making it 10 times more stronger and scratch resistant than other laptop computers. You’ll be able to swipe effortlessly with no worries about your screen getting scratched up.
Power Efficient: The Dell XPS9350-5340SLV is ENERGY STAR 6.0 certified, making it one of the best energy-conserving laptops in the market. You’ll be able to get at least 8 hours of battery life on every charge, making it extremely portable and convenient if you can’t always charge your computer.
High Quality Materials: The Dell XPS9350-5340SLV is built from machined aluminum with precision-cut technology, making the chassis extremely sturdy and tough. Whether you accidentally drop your laptop or someone happens to fall on it, this computer was built for survival.
|Processor||6th Generation Intel Core i7-6500U (4M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)|
|Operating System||W10H, HE 64 MSSI ENG|
|Memory||8GB LPDDR3 1866MHz|
|Video Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 520|
|Hard Drive||256GB PCIe Solid State Drive|
|Multimedia Drive||No Optical Drive|
|Media Card Reader||SD Card Reader and USB 3.0|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth tied to wireless card|
|Display||13.3” QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge touch display|
|Fax/Data Modem||HDMI – No|
- Stunning and high resolution screen
- Stylish and fast
- Precision-accuracy touch screen display
- High-performing graphics
- Touchpad is inconsistent
- Laptop heats up pretty easily
- Wi-Fi drops are known to happen
LAPTOP 5: Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG 15.6″Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG 15.6-Inch Full HD Laptop (Intel Core i5, NVIDIA 940MX, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Windows 10)
If you’re looking for a cheap laptop that performs well without sacrificing too much of your budget, then consider the Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG. Equipped with an Intel i5-6200U processor with 8 GB of quality DDR4 memory and a 256 GB SSD, you get the best features from higher-end laptops at a better price.
Long Battery Life: The Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG is built to last up to 12 hours on a single charge. Depending on the amount of time spent on this laptop, you’ll be able to use it without charging it for a few days.
High-Performance Display: The 15.6 inch display screen comes with an LED-backlit LCD display. Its 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio delivers the best viewing experience while decreasing eye strain. This is great for anyone that needs to work long hours and are worried about their vision.
Concert-Quality Audio: The Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG comes equipped with TrueHarmony that helps deliver high quality audio that takes all your entertainment to the next level. Whether you’re watching a movie or video calling someone important, you’ll be able to experience sound at its best.
- Processor: 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U Processor 2.3GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.8GHz
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Screen Monitor: 15.6″ Full HD Widescreen ComfyView LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080 resolution; 16:9 Aspect Ratio) supporting Acer ColorBlast technology
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 Dual Channel Memory
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of dedicated DDR5 VRAM
- High quality audio
- Great value and affordable
- Highly reviewed by satisfied customers
- Powerful graphics performance
- Lots of unwanted bloatware
- Touchpad performance can be better
- Fans are sometimes very loud