Best Hackintosh Laptop – Buyer’s Guide
Nowadays, the world of technology is currently defined by the rivalry between the Mac and the PC. These are the most prominent monoliths in the tech industry today.
A Hackintosh runs on the Mac operating system but it is not manufactured by Apple. It is built to meet the Mac and the PC halfway.
The best Hackintosh laptop allows you to enjoy both worlds of the PC and the Mac without compromising your budget and needs.
The importance of a Hackintosh is that it comes in a variety of different brands, have more features and is not ridiculously expensive like the Macs.
How To Choose The Best Hackintosh Laptop?
There are a number of things to look out for when you are selecting the best laptop for Hackintosh.
Any Intel Core Processor will work with a Hackintosh. Almost all of the Hackintosh buildups use the Intel Core Processor. When you are putting together a budget laptop to get the best Hackintosh laptop, using the Celeron processors and old generation of Pentium is advisable. These two processors have the same underlying architecture with High-End Intel.
Do not buy an AMD processor when you want to assemble the best laptop for Hackintosh. If you have to assemble the Hackintosh with an AMD processor consider going for the modified version of the vanilla kennel that will work well with the AMD processors.
However, no matter how you modify and spin the AMD processor, it will not be stable as the Intel counterparts. Also avoid, Intel Xeon, Ivy Bridge-E, Haswell-E Processor or Sandy Bridge –E unless you are okay with extra work.
Best option: Consider going for the Haswell generation of the Intel Core processors which is a great choice for any Hackintosh. Also simply buying the mainstream Intel Core Processor is a safe decision.
The more RAM a Hackintosh has, the more programs you will open at a go. 4GB of RAM is the minimum requirement for OS X. However, 2 GB RAM is also able to run your laptop smoothly. The best laptop for Hackintosh should have 8GB so as to run multiple software or the virtual machine.
Best option: Go for a Hackintosh that has 8GB RAM to enable you run multiple software.
The best Hackintosh laptops have Mac OSX but do not support VGA port. To use the VGA port, key text patching will enable the Hackintosh to operate on a HD 3000.
If you want to use VGA graphics for your laptop, go for the dedicated GPU which supports VGA in Mac OSX.
GPU is the most important and crucial part of a Hackintosh. If the GPU fails to work you are not able to view the screen and the animations will lag. Users of Hackintosh build their own Macs and have a much wider choice of graphics controllers.
Nowadays, most of the best Hackintosh laptop has Haswell processor which comes in 4000’s model such as the i7-4770 Core. They have built-in graphics card which are in two versions HD 4600 graphics work well with OS X and HD 4400.
A dedicated GPU will have you doing what you want. The best laptop for Hackintosh should have an Integrated GPU. Consider having Intel HD Graphics on 1st generation Intel Core iprocessor.
Best option: Go for the dedicated GPU which supports VGA in Mac OSX.
BIOS. Basic Input Output System
Bios are important for Hackintosh. With supported BIOS you can easily transform your PC to Hackintosh. However, if your PC is not supported you need to Patch it. If your PC does not support modifying BIOS it will lead to bricking your laptop or the PC.
Best option: Go for a Hackintosh that is supported by Bios. (Basic Input Output System).
… And Here Are Our Answers For The Best Hackintosh Laptop
Lenovo Z50 Laptop computer is one of the best laptop for Hackintosh since it use the latest specs in the market. It has a powerful Intel Micro Processor so it delivers fast and efficient for multitasking.
Lenovo Idea pad Ultra-book is one of the best Hackintosh laptops. This laptop is an ultra-book meaning that its build up with best qualities you can find. It is a good specification and compliments the OS X which it runs well.
It is beautifully constructed and light weight. The laptop has windows 10(64bit). The laptop comes with anti-glare enabling you to use it outdoors. The 8GB RAM is upgradable which is a major benefit.
The laptop gives you the ability to conveniently shift to a Window or Mac. The laptop comes with a Pixel-sense touch Screen. The RAM 4GB DDR3L3 and the hard drive of 500GB are upgradable
The laptop face time feature works fine. It has a hard drive of 1TB and you can also attach external sources. It has a powerful Intel Processor i7-6700HD with an Intel 530 processor enabling the machine to be super-fast.
2018's Best Hackintosh Laptop Review
Lenovo 250 laptop is stylish and affordable. It is a good choice for entertainment and social networking. The laptop supports Hackintosh to run OS X with all the function and features incorporated in the Ultra HD Screen Support.
The laptop offers a unique mix of entertainment features, affordable pricing and modern style. It is stylish, solid and very portable.
- It comes with 4Th generation Intel Core i7 4720HQ processor that is fast. (3.10 GHz Turbo, 2.00GHz Base and 1600MHz memory speed 4MB).
- ITB of SSHD (Hard Drive) or 512 GB of SSD.
- 8.0 GB – pc3-1280 of DDR3 RAM.
- 15.6 Inches of FHD/UHD screen.
- It has Bluetooth version 4.0
- Has windows 8.1/DVD.
- The screen is decent with a resolution of 15.4*10.5*0.75 inches.
- It has an Intel Dual Band Wireless –AC 3160.
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 2/4GB.
- The item weighs 5.3 pounds.
- Has a solid processor and it offers fast performance
- The keyboard is comfortable to use.
- The keyboard is smooth.
- Does not have noise or temperature issues.
- It has mid-range gaming power.
- The display is not bright enough but rather dim.
- It heats up when gaming.
- It lacks a great battery life.
The Idea pad laptop comes with 900*1080 displays and a resolution of 1600*900. The best thing about this ideal pad is the Hackintosh. It is user-friendly Hackintosh is easily installed on the laptop.
- It comes with Intel Core i7-4500U mobile processor. (Available in i3 and i5 variants)
- It has a 4 GB system memory DDR3 RAM. The RAM can be upgraded to 8GB.
- Comes with Intel HD 4400 Graphics.
- It has available storage options SSD, HDD OR SSHD.
- It has a 14 Inch Screen size available at either 900p or 1080p.
- It comes with inbuilt speakers.
- The laptop is available in multiple model options.
- It has a decent power house.
- The battery life is long.
- It is easy to use and it is user-friendly.
- The Wi-Fi is slow to connect
- The audio is not audible.
- The function keys are slow and lag
Asus UX 305 is one of the most impressive laptops that is compatible with Hackintosh. The Asus Company has many ideal laptops in their ensemble. The Asus UX 305 is one of the Hackintosh laptops and works well with OS X.
- The Asus UX 305 has a 13.3 FHD display. Of 1920*1080 IPS display.
- It comes with Intel 5th Gen Core, M-Y 10 and 0.8 GHz processor.
- It comes equipped with dual band Wi-Fi 802.1.1N and 4.0 Bluetooth.
- It has an aluminum body and designed to be ultra slim.
- The hard drive is an 8GB DDR3 1600MHz memory.
- Has a 256GB solid state drive.
- The Intel Graphics are 5300 with clear and popping colors.
- It has a thin and light aluminum construction.
- The touchpad and the keyboard are comfortable.
- Has an exceptional display.
- The RAM is upgradable.
- Comes with a fanless design.
- The battery life is long.
- The Wi-Fi fails to work with OS X
- Lacks built up dedicated GPU.
- It is not touch screen
- The speakers are disappointing.
Acer Aspire E5-517p supports Hackintosh pretty well and it is a stupendous edition in the Acer laptops. It has an i5 4210U machine. Available in a low price and has wonderful features.
The battery life is long for about 2 hours of intense working. It has a good graphical representation for you to enjoy HD streaming. The laptop supports Intel HD 4400 graphics which do a great job of representing games and HD videos. The screen resolution is 1366*768. The machine offers you the ability to multitask.
- The laptop comes with Intel Core i5-421U 1.70 GHz Turbo Boost Technology of up to 2.70 GHz.
- Has 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz, 500 GB and 5400 RPM HDD.
- Comes with a card reader and DVD Super-Multi DL Drive.
- It has a 15.6 in HD widescreen Cine Crystal LED backlit (1366*768).
- It has a 10-finger multi-touch support
- Has Intel HD Graphics 4400with shared graphics memory and integrated memory.
- The hard drive can be upgraded.
- Have a large hard drive and the RAM can be upgraded.
- It is cheap
- Has a long battery life.
- The display screen is dim with little lighting.
- Slow Wi-Fi connectivity.
- The fingerprint on the display is magnetic.
Dell is one of the leading companies in the manufacture of tech products. It qualifies to be one of the best Hackintosh laptop. The machine supports OS X through Hackintosh perfectly and it is one of the powerful laptops.
Game and movie time will always be fun while you have a screen of 15.6 and 1920*1080 screen resolutions. The laptop is light and weighs 4.8 pounds and comes with an anti-glare screen.
- The machine comes with 5th generation Intel Core i7 5500U processor (4M cache of up to 3.00GHz).
- It has 8GB System MemoryDDR3L.
- It has 1TB 5400rpmSATRA hard drive
- It comes with 15.6 Inch FHD (1920*1080) True Life LED-backlit touch Display with wide viewing angle.
- The Intel graphics are 5500 and webcam 802.11a/c and 4.0 Bluetooth, dual-band 2.4 and 5 GHz.
- The machine comes with Microsoft Windows of 8.1(64bit) English.
- The 3 cell battery is removable.
- The laptop does not heat when gaming.
- The machine has multiple connectivity ports.
- Has good hard disk space.
- It is stylish has a silver color with a good display.
- The processor is very fast.
- The screen brightness is poor.
- Does not have an optical drive.
- The fan is loud.
- The Wi-Fi connection is poor.
Our Final Conclusion
Simply, Hackintosh is a modified version of a simple or hacked laptop with the intention of transforming the machine and manage to run Mac OS. The best Hackintosh machine must possess contemporary Intel Processors like AMD. They should be compatible in order to change your PC to Hackintosh.
Secondly, the laptop must be able to work with OS X Yosemite well.
Most powerful of all is the Dell Inspiron 15-700 Series 15.6’’ Inch Touch Screen Laptop. The machine comes with 5th generation Intel core and it is fast and efficient.
The cheapest is Dell Inspiron 15-700 Series 15.6’’ Inch Touch Screen Laptop. The editor’s choice is ASUS UX 305 13-Inch Laptop. It is beautifully constructed and comes with Microsoft Windows 10.
The guide is meant to help you find the best Hackintosh laptop in the market and give you an experience of worlds of the PC and the Mac.