“As the gaming industry explodes and demand rises, gaming laptops are going to be in high demand. As a gamer, you want to be the best and you’ll need the best laptop to reach your goals. Finding an affordable gaming rig is difficult, especially if you want to find the best gaming laptop under 800. We’ve put together a guide to show you how to pick the best laptop under 800.”
- 1 What Do People Consider While Looking For The Best Gaming Laptop Under 800 Dollars?
- 2 … And We’ve Found Some Answers For The Best Gaming Laptop Under 800
- 3 Best Gaming Laptop Under $800 Reviews in 2019
- 3.1 LAPTOP 1: Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK 15.6″
- 3.2 LAPTOP 2: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK 15.6″
- 3.3 LAPTOP 3: Acer Aspire E E5-575G-75MD 15.6″
- 3.4 LAPTOP 4: Dell Inspiron 15.6″ i5577-5335BLK-PUS
- 3.5 LAPTOP 5: ASUS VivoBook S 15.6″
- 3.6 LAPTOP 6: Lenovo Thinkpad Business-Ready T560 15.6″
- 3.7 LAPTOP 7: Acer Swift 5 14″
- 3.8 LAPTOP 8: ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook 15.6″
- 3.9 LAPTOP 9: Lenovo Ideapad 510 15.6″
- 4 Our Final Conclusion
What Do People Consider While Looking For The Best Gaming Laptop Under 800 Dollars?
There’s a few things you need to look out for if you want to find a suitable gaming laptop. Below are a list of the most important things to watch for.
More power means less lag so finding yourself a powerful computer processor is important. A good rule of thumb is going for a high-end i5 or i7 processor.
Best Option For You: We recommend a high-end i5 or i7 processor.
High Quality Graphics Card
Video games need a lot of graphic performance so finding a high quality graphics card is going to be crucial. Try to find a high-performance NVidia GeForce graphics card.
Best Option For You: An NVidia GeForce graphics card is preferred.
SSD Hard Drive
If you want the best, you’ll need the fastest. Opt for an SSD hard drive over the traditional HDD hard drive. Aim for at least 512 GB of storage space too.
Best Option For You: Find an SSD hard drive with at least 512 GB of space.
More RAM means you’ll be able to have more programs open without compromising your computer speed. Shoot for at least 8 GB of DDR4 RAM.
Best Option For You: 8 GB of DDR4 RAM is perfect.
… And We’ve Found Some Answers For The Best Gaming Laptop Under 800
Take a look at the options below for the best gaming laptop under 800:
The Dell 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop is a great choice and comes with a 6th generation intel quad-core processor.
Equipped with a 6th generation i7 laptop processor, the Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK is truly a machine worthy of playing the best games.
Sexy, affordable, and so much more. The Acer Aspire E 15 will truly not disappoint any user.
With a beautiful chassis and hardware built for laptops, the Dell Inspiring 15.6” is a noble gaming laptop.
The ASUS VivoBook S comes packed with a large capacity hard drive that will store anything you want without issues.
The Lenovo Thinkpad T560 20FH001QUS was born to be used for both business and gaming.
The Acer Swift 5 is called fast for a good reason. Marveled for both its performance and speed, the Acer Swift 5 does not disappoint.
Asus builds for its audience, and the ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook is outstanding for portable gaming.
With powerful graphics and 8 GB of DDR4 RAM, you’ll be able to do many things with the MSI GL62M 7RD-1407.
Lenovo is no longer just making business laptops. They’ve done really well with the Lenovo Ideapad 510 for it is great for both gaming and business.
Best Gaming Laptop Under $800 Reviews in 2019
LAPTOP 1: Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK 15.6″Dell 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop (6th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5-6300HQ Processor up to 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M, Windows 10)
Dell is well known for being a great manufacturer of everyday laptops, but they also produce some of the best gaming laptops as well. This gaming laptop is powerful, affordable, and comes with a great display screen.
Thermal Cooling System: This gaming laptop is packed with state of the art thermal cooling to control your laptop from overheating. It comes with 2 large cooling fans and 3 exhausts and vents with 240 thermal fins.
Powerful Processor: This laptop comes with an i5-6300HQ computer processor. Although it’s not an i7, it is still powerful enough for you to play the most resource-demanding games.
Lean And Portable: The 15.6” Dell gaming laptop is both thin and portable, making it very convenient to travel with if you’re looking to game on-the-go.
|Processor||6th Generation Intel Core i5-6300HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
|Memory||8GB DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx1)|
|Video Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5|
|Hard Drive||256GB Solid State Drive|
|Multimedia Drive||Optical Drive Not included|
|Media Card Reader||2-in1 Media Card Reader and USB 3.0|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth tied to wireless card|
|Display||15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display|
|Fax/Data Modem||HDMI – Yes|
|Wireless Connectivity||6th Generation Intel 3165AC + BT4.0 [802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 1×1]n Intel Core i5-6300HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)|
|Audio||Stereo speakers and subwoofer + MaxxAudio Pro|
|Keyboard||Internal SP BL Keyboard, ENG|
|Battery||74WHr, 6-C (Int) [74 WHr, 6-Cell Battery (Integrated)]|
|Software 1||McAfee CB LiveSafe 30Day Trial|
|Software 2||MS Office Trial TOPK, MUI (OTRT13M)|
|Software 5||Addl SW,INS,SMOD,Win10,US/CAN (INSW10)|
|Disclaimer 3||Power Cord, US/CAN|
- Clean and modern design
- Powerful laptop processor
- Tons of storage
- Beautiful display screen
- Not good for playing on highest game settings
- Takes a long time to charge
- Laptop quality is inferior
LAPTOP 2: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK 15.6″Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK 15.6 Inch FHD Laptop (6th Generation Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD) NVIDIA Gaming GeForce GTX 960M
The next Dell laptop in our review is an upgraded version of the previous gaming laptop we looked at. This one is more powerful, comes with an upgraded computer processor, and more.
8 GB RAM: The Dell Inspiron i75590-2512BLK comes with 8 GB of RAM that will make multitasking incredibly quick and efficient.
Powerful Performance: Eliminate all your lag with the Skylake i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz computer processor. The Skylake processor is considered a high-end processor that rivals desktop processors.
Long Battery Life: With this gaming laptop, you’ll get up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge. That means more play time for you and your allies.
- Processor: Intel Quad Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
- RAM: 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
- Storage: 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD Hybrid Drive Storage; Optical Drive Not included
- Screen: 15.6 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080 pixels) LED-lit Truelife Screen
- OS: Windows 10 Operating System; Matte Black featuring Red Chassis
- Keyboard: backlit keyboard
- Long battery life
- 1 TB of storage space
- Anti-Glare screen
- Thermal cooling
- RAM is not DDR4
- Trackpad is inferior
- Takes a long time to fully charge battery
LAPTOP 3: Acer Aspire E E5-575G-75MD 15.6″Acer Aspire E 15, 7th Gen Intel Core i7, GeForce 940MX, 15.6” Full HD, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Win 10, E5-575G-75MD
The Acer Aspire E 15 is one of the most inspiring laptops to hit the gaming laptop market. It is great for both gaming and everyday tasks. And the price is very affordable as a laptop for gamer.
Comfortable Widescreen: The Acer Aspire E 15 comes with a 15.6” Full HD Widescreen that gives its user a comfortable display view without stressing the eyes too much.
DDR4 RAM: Equipped with 8 GB of DDR4 RAM memory, efficiency and speed is in your control.
Long Battery Life: You get up to 12 hours of battery life with the Acer Aspire E 15.
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U Processor 2.7GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.5GHz
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Screen: 15.6″ Full HD Widescreen ComfyView LED-backlit Display supporting Acer ColorBlast technology (1920 x 1080 resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio)
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 Dual Channel Memory
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Drive: 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive (M-DISC enabled)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2 GB of GDDR5 VRAM
- Audio System: Two Built-in Stereo Speakers
- Network: 802.11ac WiFi featuring MU-MIMO technology
- Battery Life: 6-cell Li-Ion (2800 mAh), up to 12-hours using.
- 15.6” widescreen display
- 8 GB of DDR4 RAM memory
- Built for convenience
- Awesome audio system
- Computer processor not as great
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Slightly heavy
LAPTOP 4: Dell Inspiron 15.6″ i5577-5335BLK-PUSDell Inspiron 15.6″ Full HD Gaming Laptop (7th Gen Intel Quad Core i5-7300HQ, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050) (i5577-5335BLK-PUS) Metal Chassis
This Dell Inspiron is one of the most sought-after gaming laptops in the market. It comes packed with all the hardware essentials that a gamer needs and much more.
Anti-Glare Display Screen: The display panel is Full HD with Anti-Glare technology to give your eyes the best treatment while staring for long periods of time.
Superior Audio: The Dell Inspiron comes built with sound using Waves MaxxAudio Pro and a built-in subwoofer for the most immersive sound experience.
Powerful Graphics: Equipped with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card, you’ll experience no issues when trying to play your games on the highest graphic settings
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
- RAM: 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately)
- Storage: 256GB Solid State Drive , No Optical Drive option
- Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
- OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
- High-end graphics card
- Many ports and slots
- Quad-core processor
- Easy to upgrade
- Battery life not that good
- Slightly heavy
- Not that much RAM
Asus has a great reputation for itself in the gaming community. The Asus VivoBook S can be easily considered the best laptop under 800 for a number of reasons.
Powerful And Efficient: The ASUS VivoBook S is packed with an i7-7500U 2.7 GHz computer processor that can be turbo boosted up to 3.5 GHz. Both powerful and efficient, the ASUS VivoBook S delivers the best.
Quick Battery Charge: The ASUS VivoBook S comes with a durable and robust lithium polymer battery that charges up to 60% in only 49 minutes.
Thin And Portable Design: This gaming laptop weighs 3.7 pounds, which is unheard of in the gaming industry. It is no wonder that the ASUS VivoBook S is considered the best gaming laptop under 800.
- Processor: Powerful & efficient 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U 2.7GHz (Turbo up to 3.5GHz) processor with improved media engine for smooth and uninterrupted playback
- Screen: 15.6″ Full HD Wide view color rich display with up to 178° viewing angle. Slim 14.2″ wide, 0.7″ thin and portable footprint with 0.3″ bezel for a stunning 80% screen-to-body ratio
- Connections: Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Lightning-fast dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi keeps you connected through any congestion or interference
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 Ram
- Storage: 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD combo
- Keyboard: ergonomic backlit keyboard with convenient fingerprint sensor
- Battery Life: Durable & long-lasting lithium polymer battery charges up to 60% capacity in just 49 minutes.During POST, you can access the BIOS settings or run troubleshooting options using the function keys of your Notebook PC
- Rich 15.6” Full HD Wide View display
- 8 GB DDR RAM
- Lightning quick WiFi connectivity
- Long-lasting battery
- Computer processor not that powerful
- Trackpad is not that great
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics
LAPTOP 6: Lenovo Thinkpad Business-Ready T560 15.6″Lenovo Thinkpad Business-Ready Laptop T560 20FH001QUS (15.6″, i5-6200U 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200rpm, Backlit Keyboard, Webcam, Fingerprint Reader, Windows 7 Pro Downgradeable Windows 10 Pro)
The Lenovo Thinkpad T560 20FH001QUS is a perfect combination where Business and Gaming meet at the center. It comes equipped with the necessary hardware to easily achieve both.
Fingerprint Reader: Fight off intruders from gaining access to your information with a fingerprint reader.
Lightweight: At only 4.88 pounds, this makes the Lenovo Thinkpad T560 20FH001QUS one of the most lightweight laptop computers for both gaming and work.
Backlit Keyboard: Whether you’re conducting your business or gaming in daylight or darkness, the backlit keyboard will make sure that you can accurately reach your keys with minimal errors.
- Processor: Intel i5-6200U (2.3GHz up to 2.8GHz) 3MB Cache
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 500GB 7200rpm
- Screen: 15.6-inch HD Display (1366×768) 720p Webcam
- Keyboard: Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, Bluetooth 4.1,No Optical Drive
- Network: AC WiFi, 3-Cell Battery
- OS: Windows 7 Professional 64 pre-installed
- Tough and robust
- Highly affordable
- Ideal for work
- Long battery life
- Windows 7 operating system
- Not the best for gaming
- RAM can be improved
LAPTOP 7: Acer Swift 5 14″Acer Swift 5, 14″ Full HD, 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7200U, 8GB LPDDR3, 256GB SSD, Windows 10, SF514-51-54T8
Swift is in its model name and that is what the Acer Swift 5 is: Quick. The Acer Swift 5 is a great option for those wanting to find the best laptop under 800.
7th Generation Processor: The 7th generation i5-7200U processor is both energy efficient and powerful. Complete your tasks and much more with efficiency and speed.
Long Battery Life: With 13 hours of battery life, imagine all that you can accomplish without plugging your charger to the wall outlet.
Fingerprint Reader: Considered an old technology but still highly useful, the Acer Swift 5 comes with a fingerprint reader that lets you easily sign back in and also combat against potential thieves.
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7200U Processor 2.5GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.1GHz (3MB L3 cache)
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Screen: 14″ Full HD Widescreen IPS CineCrystal LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080 resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio)
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 SDRAM Memory
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620
- Acer TrueHarmony Technology
- Network: 802.11ac WiFi featuring 2×2 MU-MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Robust and protected
- 13 hours of battery life
- HD webcam that supports HDR
- Acer TrueHarmony Technology
- Computer processor not great for high-end games
- Graphics card is inferior
- Display screen is small
LAPTOP 8: ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook 15.6″ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook 15.6″ FHD thin and light Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i5-7300HQ, GTX 1050 2GB, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD), backlit keyboard
Powerful and efficient is what is used to describe the ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook. Its ultra-thin design and anti-glare display makes this very desirable for gamers.
Thin And Portable: Using an ultra-thin chassis, this construction makes the ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook very portable for travel.
Quick Battery Charge: In just 49 minutes, you can easily charge your ASUS M580VD-EB54 VivoBook up to 60% battery capacity.
SATA3 Solid State Storage: Never wait for your programs to load again with the lightning-fast 256 GB M.2 SATA3 SSD storage drive.
- Processor: Powerful & efficient 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ quad-core 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.5GHz) processor, standard voltage for full performance
- Screen: 15.6” Full HD, Anti-Glare display
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB graphics for flawless visuals and portable gaming
- Keyboard: Illuminated keyboard
- Audio: Harman/Kardon certified audio
- Cooling System: Dual-fan thermal design
- Network: Lightning-fast dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi keeps you connected through any congestion or interference
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage: 256GB M.2 SATA3 SSD
- OS: Windows 10
- Battery Life: Durable & long-lasting lithium polymer battery charges up to 60% capacity in just 49 minutes
- Loads programs very quickly
- Durable and long lasting battery
- Illuminated keyboard
- Great for portable gaming
- Lack of touch screen capabilities
- Heating issues
- Fingerprints stick easily
MSI has over 30 years in the PC gaming industry and is a solid choice amongst gamers. The MSI GL62M 7RD-1407 is designed to be deeply powerful with a heavy focus on the best gaming experience.
Vibrant Display: The MSI GL62M 7RD-1407 comes with an NTSC panel that delivers a higher depth of color to the screen, making your games come to life.
Powerful Graphics: This gaming rig comes with the GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card which gives it 30% better performance over its previous models.
Generous Warranty: The MSI GL62M 7RD-1407 is supported by a 1 year warranty so you can bring it back if you experience any issues.
- Luxurious audio
- Gamer-designed keyboard
- Superb laptop cooling
- Slightly heavier than other laptops
- Computer processor can be better
- Not enough storage
LAPTOP 9: Lenovo Ideapad 510 15.6″Lenovo Ideapad 510 15.6″ Laptop, Silver ( Intel Core i5 7200U, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX, Windows 10) 80SV005AUS
The most versatile machines are the ones that can perform a lot of different functions. The Lenovo Ideapad 510 is a great candidate for the best gaming laptop under 800 because it is ideal for both gaming and work.
Incredible Graphics: The Lenovo Ideapad 510 comes with an Nvidia GeFroce 940MX 4G graphics card, making it capable of delivering an amazing multimedia and gaming experience.
Unrivaled Sound Quality: Hear your enemies scream your name with the immersive sound that’s built into the Lenovo Ideapad 510. It comes with Harmen Audio that’s designed to bring noise to life.
McAfee Protection: Secure your laptop and ward off outside intruders with a free trial of McAfee LiveSafe.
- Processor: Intel Core i5 7200U processor, 2.7GHz
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- Storage: 1TB 5400RPM HDD
- Screen: 15.6″ LED-Lit, FHD, IPS display, 1920×1080 resolution
- OS: Windows 10
- Clear visuals and beautiful sound
- Great for gaming and work
- Lightweight and portable
- Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080) 15.6 Inch Screen
- Laptop processor can be better
- No touch screen capabilities
- Warranty not long enough